AJ Styles did not wrestle at the WWE live event in Odessa, Texas on Saturday night. As we noted on Friday, Styles appeared to have been injured at the show in New York City. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn attacked him with a chair. The injury could have happened during the beatdown or the beatdown might have been a cover for a pre-existing injury and they needed a way to get him out of the advertised match. Styles did return for the end of the match but he didn’t do much. He hit Zayn with a chair and then he limped to the backstage area again.
So it looks like something is up. WrestleMania is just 3 weeks away so hopefully, if he is injured, it’s nothing too serious. It could also be that WWE pulled him as a precaution since WrestleMania is so close. We’ll pass along more information when it becomes available.
For those of you wondering, the main event for the show in Odessa was Randy Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura defeating Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- Latest news on Dean Ambrose’s injury
- Backstage news on how people in WWE are reacting to Ronda Rousey
- Daniel Bryan is apparently still a WrestleMania wildcard
- Possible spoiler for Championship match at WrestleMania
- Apparently WWE doesn’t want us talking about the Fabulous Moolah’s past