As first noted here on WrestlingNews.co, AJ Styles has been dealing with some sort of injury. It’s not clear what the nature of the injury is but it was clear on Friday night that something was up because he did not do much on the Madison Square Garden show and he was kept off the shows that took place on Saturday and Sunday night.
PWInsider reports that Styles is backstage at Raw in Dallas so he can be looked at by the medical staff so we could know more by late tonight or sometime on Tuesday.
It’s unclear what this means for his WWE Championship match against Shinsuke Nakamura at WrestleMania. The one positive sign is that Styles was scripted to interfere at the end of the Nakamura vs. Owens/Zayn match at MSG so this could be a case of just a minor injury and WWE wanting to take precautions to make sure that he is ok in time for Mania. Hopefully, we will know more in a few hours. If things are serious, then I would assume that his injury situation will be addressed on Smackdown Live.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- There is some good news on a potential Daniel Bryan in-ring return at WrestleMania
- SPOILER: WrestleMania magazine reveals who is next to go into the WWE Hall Of Fame
- PHOTO: Brian Christopher badly beaten and unrecognizable after violent altercation with ex-TNA star
- Latest news on Dean Ambrose’s injury
- Backstage news on how people in WWE are reacting to Ronda Rousey