At the start of this week’s episode of WWE 205 Live, Daniel Bryan said that Enzo Amore has abdicated the WWE Cruiserweight Champion and he is no longer with the 205 Live. He announced that a 205 Live General Manager would be named next week and that person will address the cruiserweight situation.
So, it looks like there will not be a Cruiserweight Championship match on the Royal Rumble pay-per-view. For those of you that haven’t been following the story, Amore was released from WWE following rape allegations levied against him on Monday. Amore issued a statement through his attorney on Tuesday evening.
As you can see below, Bryan read a heavily scripted statement about Amore and the Cruiserweight Championship.
— WWE (@WWE) January 24, 2018
The announcers speculated that the new GM could be someone like Eric Bischoff, John Laurinaitis, William Regal, Booker T, or Road Dogg. I doubt it.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Enzo Amore suspended by WWE following rape accusation
- Samoa Joe provides an update on his injury
- Carmella seems to confirm breakup with Big Cass
- Three more top stars at Impact Wrestling could be leaving soon
- Former WWE Champion confirms that he has been invited to Raw 25th anniversary show