When Brock Lesnar announced he was rejoining the USADA testing pool and considering another run with UFC, it kind of broke the internet for a bit. Lesnar was also reportedly was telling WWE officials he didn’t plan on re-signing with WWE. Everyone was speculating about why Brock would do this and whether or not this move was simply to gain leverage on WWE when he renegotiates his contract after WrestleMania.
Although there have been conflicting reports about whether or not Brock is going to take another MMA match, Eric Bischoff provided his opinion during a recent episode of Bischoff On Wrestling.
“Look, Brock is a unique animal man. He’s capable of doing whatever he decides to put his mind to, clearly. You know, I understand it. Brock — I think he probably wanted one more fight in the UFC, he wanted to end his MMA career, his UFC career probably on a high note.”
“I think the fight with Mark Hunt left a bad taste in everyone’s mouth including Brock’s and that’s probably not the way he wanted to end his MMA career. So I don’t know Brock very well at all, but I know the kinda guy he is and I can understand why he’s considering possibly making a return and more power to him.”
If Brock Lesnar returned to the UFC he might be dropping the Universal Title before that happens. After all, WWE officials probably don’t want their champion to risk being beaten in a shoot fight setting. Whether or not they’re setting it up for Lesnar to drop his Universal Title at SummerSlam is still up in the air. But a fatal four-way is certainly a good chance for a champion to drop their title without actually losing the match.
It’s been a busy week full of news. If you’d like to catch up on some of the top stories from this week, check out some of the links below:
- Update on possible SummerSlam plans for The Great Khali
- WATCH: AJ Styles throws out first pitch at Phillies baseball game
- Two Japanese pro wrestlers involved in stabbing incident
- WATCH: Roman Reigns is back to putting Braun Strowman through a table
- Alberto El Patron reportedly no longer suspect in domestic violence investigation
- John Cena knows his days in WWE are numbered, wanted to be free agent
- Paige could be fired from WWE because of those possible battery charges
- Alberto El Patron stepping down from Combate Americas amidst recent controversy
- UFC’s Jeff Novitzky shoots down reports on Brock Lesnar re-entering USADA testing pool
- It turns out Jason Jordan didn’t even know he was Kurt Angle’s son
- Update on possible mystery opponents for Breezango at Battleground
Click here and join the discussion on our brand new forum!