WWE has signed a former Intercontinental Champion, according to PWInsider. Shelton Benjamin will be returning soon. He was actually supposed to make his return last summer but when he underwent the standard WWE physical, it was found that he had a torn rotator cuff.
However, the door was not closed for him and it was always believed that he would be offered a new deal once he finished rehabbing his injury. Benjamin is a former Intercontinental Champion and former tag team Champion and was always considered one of the best in-ring workers on the roster during his first run with the company.
As of this writing, there is no word on when he will make his re-debut on WWE television.
There’s been a ton of news in the last 48 hours. Click on the links below if you’d like to catch up on some of the top stories:
- Get all the updates about Ric Flair’s current health situation here
- PHOTOS: Eva Marie busts out of WWE…and her All Red Everything bikini
- Daniel Bryan wrestling again
- GFW strips Alberto El Patron of World Championship
- Bayley’s injury may force WWE to delay plans for a major angle