Former ROH World Champion Adam Cole has signed his deal with WWE. PWInsider reported the news on Monday but it’s something that had been rumored for months as The Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer has been reporting since the beginning of the year that Cole was likely to land in NXT.
Although it was known for a while that WWE was his destination, they waited on signing him because they imposed a delay on signing wrestlers that have completed their tenure in ROH because of contract tampering allegations and they obviously do not want to come off like they are reaching out to wrestlers while they are under ROH contract.
Cole is slated to start at the Performance Center this week and it would not surprise me if we saw him at Saturday night’s NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III.
There’s been a ton of news in the last 48 hours. Click on the links below if you’d like to catch up on some of the top stories:
- GFW strips Alberto El Patron of World Championship
- Bayley’s injury may force WWE to delay plans for a major angle
- WWE star might be getting repackaged soon
- Enzo Amore’s deleted post may have gotten him more heat in WWE
- More incidents involving Alberto El Patron that have not been reported, Alberto’s lawyer sends letter to GFW