Following the Elimination Chamber, John Cena questioned whether he had a path to WrestleMania. On Monday Night Raw, he acknowledged that he failed because he thought that he would win the Royal Rumble match and failed and then failed at the Chamber pay-per-view.
However, if you’ve been keeping up with the WrestleMania rumors over the last several weeks, then you know that WWE has big plans for Cena’s match. On Raw, Cena said that he has figured things out. He issued the challenge to The Undertaker. This is a match that was originally supposed to happen last year but plans changed because Vince McMahon felt that he should put over Roman Reigns. At the time, the feeling was that Taker would retire.
Cena said that the match with Taker is impossible so he will go to Smackdown Live so he could hopefully earn a spot at WrestleMania. FYI, click here to see a recent clip of The Undertaker working out. It sure looks like he is getting ready for another match.
— WWE (@WWE) February 27, 2018
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- You’ll be surprised to find out who came up with the Gauntlet match on WWE Raw
- Big Japanese name turns down ROH in hopes of eventual WWE contract
- Why The Miz missed last week’s Raw house shows
- NXT star returns after breast augmentation surgery
- Blood and piledrivers banned from WrestleMania weekend