As previously noted, the smart money for tonight's WWE Great Balls Of Fire pay-per-view came in on Thursday. The only thing that has changed was the finish for the Seth Rollins vs. Bray Wyatt match. Rollins was originally booked to win but that changed earlier today and the odds now reflect Wyatt as the winner.
The odds for the Braun Strowman vs. Roman Reigns match are long and it looks like Strowman will be winning his match tonight. Some would argue that it doesn't make sense because Reigns is scheduled to face Lesnar at SummerSlam. So much has changed in the last few weeks with the long-term creative for Lesnar and Reigns. The original plan was for Reigns to win the title from Lesnar at WrestleMania. Now, the plan is for Reigns to challenge Lesnar at SummerSlam but it's not known if Reigns will win the title on that show.
If the plan is to put the title on Reigns next month, then it would be smart to keep Joe strong even when he loses to Lesnar because they will need some top heels. The only thing that would make sense to me regarding Reigns losing tonight is that he wins the title next month and then Strowman challenges him for the title at the September pay-per-view.
We have the rest of the spoilers for tonight's show up on the main page of the website. If you'd like to read them, then click here.
If you'd like to catch up on the top WWE news stories from the last 48 hours, click on any of the links below:
- Dixie Carter will be appearing on WWE TV for the first time (yes, you read that correctly)
- Alberto El Patron says he will be waiting on The New Day, The Usos and Triple H on Tuesday night in San Antonio
- A top wrestling star is being pressured to leave the wrestling business
- Kevin Nash to undergo surgery this week
- John Cena explains why WWE doesn't talk about Chris Benoit