It’s been almost a year since we first started hearing about plans for a weekly WWE UK television show. The United Kingdom Championship tournament that aired in January was supposed to kickstart the brand but we’ve not heard much since then.
The original plan was to start taping shows in June but, as of today, they have yet to make any announcements about TV tapings. According to the Wrestling Observer newsletter, the UK tournament was a big money loser so they have a lot of things to work out.
Things can always change and/or be postponed again but the current plan is for the UK show to begin at the end of this year. Presumably, they would bring back Jim Ross and Nigel McGuinness to do commentary and the shows would air on the WWE Network with the idea being that they would work to get it on traditional television in the UK.
If you missed some of the top news stories from the last 24 hours, check out some of the links below:
- POTENTIAL SPOILER: WWE dropping big hints for The Undertaker’s return?
- What is the deal with Taryn Terrell’s return to GFW?
- Samoa Joe has a great message for complaining pro wrestlers
- Major name being considered for the 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame
- Nia Jax’s message about body shaming leads to an argument with another WWE Superstar