There have been several stories going around about Baron Corbin in recent weeks. One story claimed that he lost the Money In The Bank briefcase because of issues with John Cena. It turns out that some of the blame being put on Cena has been misplaced. The lackluster match with John Cena at SummerSlam and losing the MITB briefcase actually had nothing to do with Cena, according to the latest Wrestling Observer newsletter.
Also, none of this had to do with things he said on Twitter. That doesn’t mean that there isn’t some heat on him for things he’s said on Twitter since it’s considered bad form to go on a blocking free of your fellow wrestlers but the issues with him are related to an entirely different situation that happened a few weeks ago outside of the ring. No details are available on exactly what happened.
In recent weeks, Corbin has gotten into Twitter beefs with Finn Balor and Mojo Rawley. None of this is storyline-related, especially in the case of Balor since he is on the Raw brand.
If you missed some of the top news stories from the last 24 hours, check out some of the links below:
- POTENTIAL SPOILER: WWE dropping big hints for The Undertaker’s return?
- What is the deal with Taryn Terrell’s return to GFW?
- Samoa Joe has a great message for complaining pro wrestlers
- Major name being considered for the 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame
- Nia Jax’s message about body shaming leads to an argument with another WWE Superstar