WWE has confirmed another ROH signing. While it had been known for months that he was WWE-bound, the company has finally confirmed that they have signed Donovan Dijak. The news about Dijak heading to WWE was first reported by Dave Meltzer in July.
The 6’7″, 265 pound native of Worcester, Mass will has started training at the Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. WWE’s article on him notes tha he was a football standout in high school and College and he got his start in the wrestling business in 2013 at Massachusetts’ Chaotic Wrestling and Connecticut’s Northeast Wrestling and Rhode Island’s Beyond Wrestling.
Dijak finished up commitments with EVOLVE and PWG’s Battle of Los Angeles tournament over the weekend. He is the latest name from ROH to join the company this year. Other former ROH stars that are now under WWE contract include Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, Kyle O’Reilly, and Lio Rush.
Presumably, he will start with NXT soon, perhaps as soon as the next set of TV tapings.
Here are some more trending WWE news stories from the past week:
- WWE stars not happy about Monday Night Raw being live on Christmas night
- Incident at talent meeting is what likely led to WWE slowing down Baron Corbin’s push
- WATCH: Things got real backstage between Ronda Rousey’s and Charlotte Flair’s Horsewomen
- REPORT: The real reason why JBL is leaving WWE Smackdown
- MAJOR name returning to WWE?