It took just 20 minutes for the NJPW Strong Style Evolved tickets in Long Beach, California to sell out. If the website didn’t crash then tickets would have probably sold out much sooner. That is amazing considering that they have yet to announce a match for the show and it shows how popular New Japan Pro Wrestling is right now. It’s even more impressive considering that the show takes place just a couple of weeks before WrestleMania.
The building is set up for 5,300 fans and 5,000 tickets were put on sale, according to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Some tickets were held back to allow fans from outside of the United States a chance to buy seats.
There’s been speculation that the Chris Jericho vs. Tetsuya Naito will take place on this show and it looks like we could also get Kenny Omega vs. Cody Rhodes.
— Kevin Kelly (@realkevinkelly) January 29, 2018
— Gus Alvarado (@straightedge83) January 29, 2018
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Ronda Rousey and WWE went through a lot of trouble to keep her debut a secret
- SPOILER: WWE news on two more names expected to be inducted in the 2018 Hall Of Fame
- Hulk Hogan didn’t do himself any favors with Women’s Royal Rumble tweet
- Details on Rey Mysterio’s WWE return
- Why Jason Jordan didn’t wrestle much at the Royal Rumble