It's been years since Bruiser Brody was murdered in a Puerto Ricanlocker room. But even though it's been a long time since 1988, his influence on the industry is still observable and his character is sorely missed. Stabbings are never a good thing and they should be avoided at all costs.
Dave Meltzer reported in a recent episode of Wrestling Observer Radio that there was indeed another recent stabbing incident in Japan. This scary situation was defused and hopefully, everyone will be okay. But what's not okay is stabbing people. You really shouldn't do that for any reason in society.
"Well it wasn't a stabbing, it was an almost stabbing" Meltzer clarified. "So a wrestler named Tsukushi, she's a women's wrestler with Ice Ribbon she was at a place with Kagetsu who's a women's wrestler who works for a couple groups including Stardom. And Tsukushi tried to stab -- you know we're talking about -- she tried to stab Kagetsu. This was earlier today actually, last night and the police came and Tsukushi was arrested. I don't wanna say no one knows about it. But it's not like it's out in Japan. It will be now. But that's what happened."
Meltzer gave a little bit more depth into the subject to help paint a better picture of the entire situation.
"So Tsukushi was one of the more popular young women wrestlers in Japan and if this gets out. I mean, you have to understand the Japanese culture" Meltzer continued. He talked about how this kind of thing could be devastating to the young female Japanese talent.
Stabbing is not a good thing, even if it's just an attempted one. We want to make that very clear. It transcends cultural boundaries with its badness, and one young Japanese wrestler might be learning a hard lesson that you should never stab people. It's just not nice because it hurts peoples' feelings and their bodies. It will also get you arrested which is never a good time.
It's been a busy week full of news. If you'd like to catch up on some of the top stories from this week, check out some of the links below:
- WATCH: Roman Reigns is back to putting Braun Strowman through a table
- Alberto El Patron reportedly no longer suspect in domestic violence investigation
- John Cena knows his days in WWE are numbered, wanted to be free agent
- Paige could be fired from WWE because of those possible battery charges
- Alberto El Patron stepping down from Combate Americas amidst recent controversy
- UFC's Jeff Novitzky shoots down reports on Brock Lesnar re-entering USADA testing pool
- It turns out Jason Jordan didn't even know he was Kurt Angle's son
- Update on possible mystery opponents for Breezango at Battleground
- WWE reportedly has some big plans for Chad Gable
- WATCH: John Cena tries to sing Country Roads at WV house show
- Mini-Shield reunion at WWE show, SummerSlam news, Ryback-Dana Warrior Twitter exchange + more WWE news
- WATCH: WWE & Rousey's 4 Horsewomen have words at Mae Young Classic