This is not good news for The Hugger. After Nia Jax demolished her last week on Raw many people were under the assumption she had a major injury. Those worries were not confirmed upon first evaluation because the swelling in Bayley’s shoulder was too much. But now there is official word on the extent of Bayley’s injury and the news is not too encouraging.
WWE has announced Bayley indeed suffered a separated shoulder at the hands of Nia Jax. Now Bayley has been pulled from her SummerSlam match against Alexa Bliss for the Raw Woman’s Title. But that still leaves the question as to how a new #1 contender will be crowned.
Kurt Angle booked two female triple threat matches for this week’s edition of Raw. The winners of those two matches will face each other next week on Raw to decide who will be the new #1 contender.
If you’re sad for The Hugger, then you’re probably correct in feeling that way. It seems like she can’t catch a break just as WWE looked as though they were going to give her another run at the top of the Raw Women’s Division. But this new development certainly adds another level of intrigue to the Raw Women’s Championship at SummerSlam.
— WWE (@WWE) August 7, 2017
It’s been a busy week full of news. If you’d like to catch up on some of the top stories from this week, check out some of the links below:
- Jim Cornette’s reaction to Mick Foley taking Joey Ryan’s Penisplex was not too kind
- GFW loses possible partnership because they won’t release the Broken Hardy Gimmick
- WWE reportedly chooses not to sign Rey Mysterio because of their issues with Konnan
- WWE star Mustafa Ali rips wrestler for allegedly choking women, faking injuries & backstabbing friends
- What is WWE planning for Jinder Mahal vs Shinsuke Nakamura at SummerSlam?
- Alberto El Patron and Paige blame the media, Paige gives a WWE status update, Alberto-GFW update