Enzo Amore will not be part of the upcoming WWE Mixed Match Challenge show that premieres on Tuesday, January 16.
Kurt Angle announced on Twitter that he will be replacing Amore after his recent hospitalization due to the flu. The news was later confirmed on WWE.com. The announcement came just one day before he and Smackdown Live General Manager Daniel Bryan reveal which male and female wrestlers would be teaming up on the show.
The team announcements were taped backstage at Smackdown Live in Orlando and will air on the WWE Facebook page on Wednesday so they probably realized that bringing Amore backstage to film a segment was a bad idea.
— Kurt Angle (@RealKurtAngle) January 3, 2018
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Former WWE Intercontinental Champion teases return at the Royal Rumble
- WWE star turns heel by turning his back on the fans
- Backstage news on WrestleMania plans for John Cena
- Impact Wrestling star not headed to WWE anytime soon
- NXT Star marries Tough Enough winner