The news on Xavier Woods’ knee injury is not as bad as many people originally feared. On his gaming channel, he noted that the injury was an MCL sprain.
The injury happened on Monday night during the Smackdown live event in Texarkana, Arkansas when he was attempting a DDT during a match that pitted The New Day against The Usos and Breezango in a Triple Threat Match. Woods landed bad on his leg and immediately went down while holding his knee as the trainer checked on him at ringside. Click here if you want to see the video from the match.
An MCL sprain is not the worst thing for him because it would only require him to stay away from in-ring action for a few weeks. 4 weeks would be a decent timeline for recovery.
Catch up on some of the trending WWE News items by clicking below:
- Work or shoot? Backstage news on the John Cena-Roman Reigns verbal battle on WWE Raw
- Ric Flair makes first public announcement: “Naitch WILL be back!”
- Reason why Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis have been off WWE TV
- Wrestlers outraged after Sexy Star intentionally injures GFW star at Triple Mania XXV
- Could another cross-brand rivalry be on the way in WWE?