WWE has confirmed that Big Cass suffered a legitimate knee injury during his Brooklyn Street Fight with Enzo Amore on Monday Night Raw. Cass injured his knee after attempting a big boot but ended up tumbling over the ropes and then landed awkwardly. He tried to continue the match but it was clear that there was something wrong and his knee buckled as he attempted an Empire Elbow.
“It’s hard to tell what the extent of the injury is, but we’re going to send him to get an MRI tomorrow and figure that out,” WWE ringside physician Dr. Chris Robinson told WWE.com.
As noted earlier, this is a tough break for Cass because he was in the beginning stages of a big singles push. It appeared that his match with Amore on Raw was a blow-off. However, since Amore was declared as the winner of the match, that would mean that they would have to face off one more time when Cass is cleared to return.
I guess that is good for Amore, because, in theory, he should be safe from being released or moved to another show until Cass returns.
Catch up on some of the trending wrestling news stories from the weekend by clicking on the links below:
- WATCH: Paul Heyman gives emotional speech at Jim Ross’ RINGSIDE show
- Do Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss really hate each other in real life?
- WWE may have finally put an end to spoilers leaking out before pay-per-views
- WWE Superstar joins the cast of ABC’s Dancing With The Stars
- Another former ROH star has signed with WWE