Last week when the news about Paige's forced retirement broke, we emailed WWE to get confirmation on the news. WWE has not responded and they have yet to acknowledge the news for some reason. That has led to some people to speculate that perhaps that she could still make a return to the ring. Unfortunately, that is not the case.
Paige's in-ring retirement was confirmed on Lilian Garcia's "Chasing Glory" podcast. This week's guest is WWE Hall Of Famer Trish Stratus. Garcia said that the first thing she did was to hug Paige last Monday at the 25th anniversary show.
Garcia said that they are going to use her for other things. Garcia said that she learned that things like this can later show up as blessings. In other words, things are rough for Paige right now but somehow things will turn out better for her. Perhaps, she will continue as the manager for Absolution or they can give her a behind-the-scenes role.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Ronda Rousey and WWE went through a lot of trouble to keep her debut a secret
- SPOILER: WWE news on two more names expected to be inducted in the 2018 Hall Of Fame
- Hulk Hogan didn’t do himself any favors with Women’s Royal Rumble tweet
- Details on Rey Mysterio’s WWE return
- Why Jason Jordan didn’t wrestle much at the Royal Rumble