There’s an inspirational story for Mike “Kanellis” Bennett to tell and perhaps he will get the chance to tell it someday on a WWE Network special or on a future DVD release. Bennett came clean last year about his prescription drug addiction and he has vowed to stay sober. Although he hasn’t appeared much on WWE television in recent months, he is still wrestling at the live events and he will presumably be featured on television again once his wife Maria Kanellis gives birth.
Bennett has been posting updates on his lifestyle changes and physical transformation. As you can see below, it’s clear that he is in the best shape of his life. The photo on the left was taken a few months ago at an episode of Smackdown Live and the photo on the right was taken at a live event.
Bennett made his WWE debut on June 18, 2017 at the Money In The Bank pay-per-view. He was booked to feud with Sami Zayn but that was dropped and Bennett’s push began to cool down in August after a loss to Bobby Roode.
Bennett and Kanellis got on WWE’s radar after a main event run in Impact Wrestling.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- Very surprising name being considered for the WWE Hall Of Fame
- It looks like Paige isn’t single anymore
- WWE Superstar could be finally turning heel
- NXT Star shows off brutal injury but works through the pain
- Braun Strowman’s reaction to that stiff shot from Brock Lesnar at the Royal Rumble