Rey Mysterio could have really hurt himself recently but it looks like it might not be as bad as it could be. However with a recent injury no matter how minor, a guy like Mysterio needs to play it safe because his brand is still incredibly valuable.
Mysterio shocked the world when he showed up in New Japan Pro Wrestling and challenged Jushin “Thunder” Liger to a match at the Strong Style Evolved show in Long Beach. It was previously reported how Mysterio is still in talks with WWE regardless of injury, but it looks like this rematch that was 20 years in the making might not be taking place.
“Rey Mysterio’s match is still up in the air, if it’s even happening,” Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio.
Therefore it looks like New Japan might need to consider a plan B in case Mr. 6-1-9 isn’t able to make it to the Long Beach show.
New Japan Pro Wrestling will still have no problem filling the card with incredible talent or the building with passionate fans. So NJPW will be okay. Let’s just hope Mysterio does what’s best for his injury with a possible WWE return on the horizon.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- There is some good news on a potential Daniel Bryan in-ring return at WrestleMania
- SPOILER: WrestleMania magazine reveals who is next to go into the WWE Hall Of Fame
- PHOTO: Brian Christopher badly beaten and unrecognizable after violent altercation with ex-TNA star
- Latest news on Dean Ambrose’s injury
- Backstage news on how people in WWE are reacting to Ronda Rousey