When you’re planning for an event there is always the possibility that you could have a number of “walk-ups” or people showing up to the event without a ticket with the intention of purchasing one. WWE thought they would some walk-up ticket purchases for the Elimination Chamber and Raw but it turns out they got way more than they expected.
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports WWE had sold 8,000 tickets for Elimination Chamber a few weeks out but ended up actually selling 11,000 for the event. This could be contributed to the fact that they were running a special deal on tickets, but it’s still a nice bump in a few weeks.
The next night on Raw initially had around 8,500 tickets sold for the show but they ended up selling around 10,000. This bump for Raw was contributed largely to Ronda Rousey’s appearance on the show. Since WWE didn’t announce she would be in Anaheim for Raw until the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view, this seems to further prove that she is still a huge draw.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- WrestleMania could be losing a big match this year
- WWE news on if Roman Reigns is really in trouble for what he said on Raw about Brock Lesnar
- Sheamus shows off gnarly picture of his war wounds after Raw
- WATCH: The Miz wasn’t happy at all after Raw this week
- SPOILER: Asuka might not face Alexa Bliss at WrestleMania