Fans all over have started chanting Rusev Day for a reason. The Bulgarian Brute is over like gangbusters with his new attitude and he’s marketing “Happy Rusev Day” merchandise like a salesman on the Home Shopping Network. But for some reason, Rusev still can’t seem to catch a break on SmackDown Live.
But if John Cena shows up on the Blue Brand he gets a title shot after his first night. Now Cena has turned Fastlane’s main event into a six-pack challenge and Rusev is still without a dance partner for the final SmackDown-exclusive pay-per-view for the foreseeable future. This is a fact that seems to have really stuck with Rusev and is thoroughly annoying him.
Rusev took to Twitter after SmackDown Live was all said and done to comment on John Cena’s new possible Road To WrestleMania. It hasn’t been lost on him how chants for his day will interrupt Shane McMahon in the opening segment of the show but The Bulgarian Brute can’t even get a match on the show. At least he was ringside while Aiden English lost to Shinsuke Nakamura but it apparently wasn’t a consolation prize he was very happy with.
— Rusev (@RusevBUL) February 28, 2018
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- WrestleMania could be losing a big match this year
- WWE news on if Roman Reigns is really in trouble for what he said on Raw about Brock Lesnar
- Sheamus shows off gnarly picture of his war wounds after Raw
- WATCH: The Miz wasn’t happy at all after Raw this week
- SPOILER: Asuka might not face Alexa Bliss at WrestleMania