We have some sad news to report on WWE Hall Of Famer Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. He was scheduled to appear at Fanboy Expo's Totally Awesome Weekend convention in October but will not be able to make it because he is currently immobile and unable to travel.
Heenan has suffered from complications from lung cancer in recent years but has still been able to make it out for autograph signings. Although he has lost his ability to speak, he still has remained as sharp as ever and has been a highlight for many that have had the opportunity to meet him. Last year, he reportedly suffered a fall and broke his hip.
There's no word yet what his current health issues are but we wish him nothing but the best.
For those of you that would like to catch up on some of the news stories from the weekend, here are some links that will help you get caught up:
- Possible plans for The Undertaker at SummerSlam
- Is Bobby Roode headed to the WWE main roster after NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III?
- MAJOR name spotted in New York City. Will he appear at SummerSlam?
- SPOILER: Former ROH World Champion spotted in Brooklyn
- CM Punk’s legal fight against WWE doctor is costing him a lot of money