Several readers have asked us about Brock Lesnar’s WWE status since Paul Heyman said that he and Lesnar would be leaving the company if he does not leave SummerSlam as the WWE Universal Champion. They are obviously playing into the rumors going around regarding Lesnar leaving to fight again in UFC.
Well, what we can tell you is that Lesnar is advertised for shows next month so it doesn’t look like he is going anywhere anytime soon. He is booked for the following shows:
Lesnar is advertised for the following dates:
WWE Monday Night Raw on 8/28
FedEx Forum in Memphis
WWE Monday Night Raw on 9/11
Honda Center in Anaheim
WWE No Mercy on 9/24
Staples Center in Los Angeles
WWE live event on 9/30
Bell MTS Place in Winnipeg
Also, as we noted before on the site, Lesnar’s deal with WWE expires at WrestleMania. The fact that he is advertised for the No Mercy pay-per-view in September could suggest that he will not lose the title at SummerSlam. Although there is a lot of talk of Lesnar fighting Jon Jones in UFC, that fight will likely not happen until 2018 when he finishes his drug suspension so there is no rush to take the title off of him.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the last 48 hours by clicking on the links below:
- Championship contender for SummerSlam possibly injured on Raw
- Enzo Amore backstage heat stories confirmed, are his days in WWE numbered?
- WATCH: Matt Hardy says “it’s happening” and makes huge Broken reference
- CM Punk fighting again this year?
- Chris Jericho issues apology after verbal confrontation in New York City