Earlier this week, Sean Ross Sapp at Fightful.com reported that there was talk of Ronda Rousey training for a WWE run. That was certainly the buzz at the Mae Young Classic tapings last month. "I don't know that I ever once looked out at the crowd and saw her without this ear-to-ear grin on her face," Triple H said in the interview. He added, "She was like a little kid after every break there would be when I would talk to her -- like a little kid. What that means? Unsure. What that means down the line? I think she's unsure."
Triple H said that Rousey is in a transition period right now and thinks that she is getting married soon so she has a lot going on right now. He said, "If Ronda Rousey wants that opportunity, I'd be happy to talk to her about it." He also said that she's had a fascination with the wrestling business for a very long time and there so many similarities between WWE and MMA without the competitive drawbacks that come with being an elite fighter.
Dana White has indicated that he does not think that Rousey will ever fight in UFC again after her KO loss to UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion Amanda Nunes last December. It does not seem like a far fetched idea to think that she would want to wrestle for WWE even if it's just for a short run leading to a big match at WrestleMania.
Catch up on the latest WWE news items from the past 24 hours by clicking below
- Update on Dolph Ziggler and what’s going on with his character
- Charlotte Flair's comments about her wardrobe malfunction on SmackDown Live are classic
- Baron Corbin reacts to Dave Meltzer's comments about him
- Magnum T.A. issues statement after being denied entry into Disney park
- How an old drug conviction kept the Hardy Boyz off Raw
- Jon Jones heading to WWE SummerSlam?