The Smackdown Women’s Championship was on the line at the 30th edition of WWE SummerSlam as Naomi defended against Natalya but the big story was what would happen after the match. Would Carmella cash in her Money In The Bank briefcase?
Natalya won the title after putting her knees up when Naomi attempted a split-legged moonsault. Natalya locked Naomi in the sharpshooter and forced her to submit. Natalya is the new Smackdown Women’s Champion. There was no sign of Carmella so I guess she will cash in on a different show.
Click here for complete SummerSlam results.
— WWE Universe (@WWEUniverse) August 20, 2017
Catch up on some of the trending wrestling news stories from the weekend by clicking on the links below:
- Click here for the latest updates on Ric Flair
- Sad update on Bobby “The Brain” Heenan
- Daniel Bryan is serious about getting back into the ring
- Don’t expect to see Chris Jericho in the ring anytime soon
- Someone at the White House seems to be a fan of New Japan Pro Wrestling