The tapings that take place after the 4/22 “Redemption” pay-per-view could be the last for Alberto El Patron unless he agrees to take a deal that pays him less money.
As first reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, El Patron’s deal expires in the spring and he is the highest paid guy on the roster. The company is continuing with their cost-cutting so it’s unlikely that he’ll be staying with the company.
If you are wondering about a WWE return, that is unclear right now. I don’t know how WWE management feels about him considering some of the things he said about them last year. He did an interview earlier this week and said that he has apologized to Triple H but then said that the negative things he said last year were motivated by things Paige and her family said to him. In other words, he put the blame on them and they are the reason why he had so much hate for WWE.
El Patron has been talking about doing a retirement tour in 2019. He said that he doesn’t expect to return to WWE this year but he hopes that something could be worked out for next year. He wouldn’t want to go back full-time but would be open to being a “special appearance” wrestler. He claimed that he considers himself to be on good terms with WWE and “time heals all wounds.”
Speaking of departures, one major star could be debuting at the Royal Rumble. It’s a possible spoiler but if you want to know more then click here to read more.
In other Impact Wrestling news, they are looking for feedback from fans that watched Thursday’s episode.
We're listening. Let us know what you thought about this week's episode of IMPACT by filling out this quick survey! https://t.co/h64lpNr2ZA
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) January 20, 2018
This week’s show was watched by 309,000 viewers. That is up from last week’s 276,000 viewers. They are probably happy that NFL football season is over.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Carmella seems to confirm breakup with Big Cass
- Three more top stars at Impact Wrestling could be leaving soon
- Former WWE Champion confirms that he has been invited to Raw 25th anniversary show
- A WWE return for Neville might be his best option right now
- Another former WWE Superstar confirmed for the Raw 25th anniversary show