Although this wasn’t Beth Pheonix’s first outing as an announcer, it might have been her biggest chance to show what she could do. After all, the WWE Hall Of Famer sat in for a special set of tapings at the Mae Young Classic and helped call a six-woman tag match which aired on a highlight show.
But the WWE Mixed Match Challenge was certainly an exciting affair and WWE put as many bells and whistles as they could on it to make the experience one of a kind. Phoenix had a great a great time too although she was battling the flu all week and had to drive through the snow to make the gig.
Beth Phoenix commented saying it was an exciting experience and in retrospect, she might have been a part of something much bigger than it could presently appear. After all, if WWE ventures out into cyberspace for a home to air their Raw or SmackDown programs eventually, the WWE Mixed Match Challenge could be credited for dipping their toe in those uncharted waters.
— Beth Copeland (@TheBethPhoenix) January 17, 2018
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Carmella seems to confirm breakup with Big Cass
- Three more top stars at Impact Wrestling could be leaving soon
- Former WWE Champion confirms that he has been invited to Raw 25th anniversary show
- A WWE return for Neville might be his best option right now
- Another former WWE Superstar confirmed for the Raw 25th anniversary show