UPDATE: Strowman was “rehired” later in the show by Stephanie McMahon after he destroyed people and equipment backstage.
ORIGINAL: At the start of this week’s WWE Monday Night Raw, Braun Strowman went out to the ring to do a promo. He was interrupted by Raw General Manager Kurt Angle. Angle talked about Strowman’s actions from last week and made the decision to “fire” Strowman. That means that Strowman would not be competing in the Universal Championship match at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view. Strowman destroyed a bunch of security guards in the backstage area.
Clearly, this is all storyline and my guess is that they will find a way to get Strowman “hired” and back in the match with Lesnar and Kane.
For those of you that missed it, check out the clip below:
— WWE (@WWE) January 16, 2018
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Carmella seems to confirm breakup with Big Cass
- Three more top stars at Impact Wrestling could be leaving soon
- Former WWE Champion confirms that he has been invited to Raw 25th anniversary show
- A WWE return for Neville might be his best option right now
- Another former WWE Superstar confirmed for the Raw 25th anniversary show