SummerSlam is going to be a stacked show but one familiar face is missing from the massive match card. Miss Money In The Bank remains without a dance partner but Carmella can have one at any time she sees fit. If she just wants to come down to the ring and dance around with her briefcase while her valet James Ellsworth does a little taunting she can do that too. In essence, she has full reign to do whatever she wants while Naomi and Natalya are having their battle.
Carmella recently sent out a social media message with a picture of her holding her Money In The Bank briefcase while doing her best Gene Simmons impression. She just said "good morning Brooklyn!!!!" It might have been a simple greeting to a wonderful place which happens to be hosting The Biggest Party Of The Summer, but it could mean much more.
Who knows if she'll pop on her MITB contract at SummerSlam? She's the only one still holding her briefcase on SmackDown Live and she can choose whenever she wants to cash it in. If she finds an opportune moment in Brooklyn who knows if we might be seeing a more successful MITB contract cash-in very soon?
It's enough to make us really pay attention to the SmackDown Women's Title match, that's for sure.
If you haven't heard, there's been a TON of news during the last 24 hours. Here are some links that will help you get caught up on the big stories:
- Possible plans for The Undertaker at SummerSlam
- Is Bobby Roode headed to the WWE main roster after NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III?
- MAJOR name spotted in New York City. Will he appear at SummerSlam?
- SPOILER: Former ROH World Champion spotted in Brooklyn
- CM Punk’s legal fight against WWE doctor is costing him a lot of money
- Former Intercontinental Champion signs deal to return to WWE