As many of you know by now, Hillbilly Jim will be part of the 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame class. If it were up to Hillbilly Jim, he would have Hulk Hogan there to induct him but unfortunately it’s not up to him. It’s usually something that Vince McMahon decides on but, when TMZ Sports caught up with Jim last week, he was on board with the idea to have Hogan induct him.
Jim had nothing but positive things to say about Hogan: “I’ll just say this about that man. He’s been wonderful to me.”
Jim credits Hogan for helping him early on in his career. After all, it was Hogan that introduced Jim to the national stage on WWE programming in late 1984. The angle was that Jim was a fan that had some wrestling training and he would attend shows. One night, Hogan was getting attacked by Ken Patera, Big John Studd and Bobby Heenan. Jim couldn’t stand it and he jumped the barricade to help Hogan. Hogan then trained him in advance of his in ring WWF debut
He hasn’t thought about who would induct him but he would love it if it were Hogan. Jim said that he will likely not find out who will be inducting him until the week of the show but “that would be cream on top of this thing if The Hulkster did it.”
Check out the video below:
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- WWE will introduce another new title during WrestleMania weekend
- Former Cruiserweight Champion announces plans to retire amidst controversy
- Former WWE Diva is training for her return to wrestling
- Scott Hall insults two WWE legends and sparks major backlash in the process
- Cue the CM Punk rumors…City and venue announced for Bullet Club’s “All In” show
Click here and join the discussion on our brand new forum!