As first reported by Billboard.com, Kid Rock will be inducted into the celebrity wing of the WWE Hall Of Fame. He will be inducted alongside Goldberg, The Dudley Boyz, Ivory, Jeff Jarrett, Hillbilly Jim and Warrior Award recipient Jarrius “JJ” Robertson.
Kid Rock has a history with WWE dating back to 2000 when he first apperared during on an episode of Raw during the Attitude Era. His song “Cocky” was used as the theme for the 2002 Royal Rumble and “Lonely Road Of Faith” was used during a “Desire” video package during a Vince McMahon-Ric Flair in-ring segment that featured old footage spliced in with NWO footage to hype the NWO debut on WWE programming.
His “American Bad Ass” theme was used for The Undertaker and his ZZ Top cover “Legs” was used as Stacy Keibler’s theme song. His music was used as the theme song for WrestleMania 30 and for this year’s show.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- WWE will introduce another new title during WrestleMania weekend
- Former Cruiserweight Champion announces plans to retire amidst controversy
- Former WWE Diva is training for her return to wrestling
- Scott Hall insults two WWE legends and sparks major backlash in the process
- Cue the CM Punk rumors…City and venue announced for Bullet Club’s “All In” show
Click here and join the discussion on our brand new forum!