There’s a ton of people in town for Royal Rumble weekend but and two names that will likely be on the show were spotted backstage just a few minutes ago, according to PWInsider.
Dolph Ziggler and Trish Stratus are backstage and both are likely to appear on the show tonight. Ziggler has been selling a storyline where he gave up the United States Championship and then “quit” WWE. It wouldn’t shock me if he is the person that answer’s Bobby Roode’s United States Championship Open Challenge on the pre-show. For weeks, Stratus has been rumored to be a surprise entrant in tonight’s women’s Royal Rumble match.
Throughout the day, we’ve been covering all of the backstage news from the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. As first reported by Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, a major name is expected to return to WWE and he could be back as soon as tonight. Click here if you want to know who that person is.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- WWE news on why The Undertaker seemed a bit off during his ‘Raw 25’ promo
- A ‘WWE Raw 25’ segment was originally supposed to take place at the Manhattan Center
- The real reason why WWE fired Enzo Amore
- Matt Hardy to undergo another transformation?
- WWE star injured with a torn ACL