An interesting twist has been added to both of tonight’s Royal Rumble matches. On the Royal Rumble pre-game show on the WWE Network, Renee Young announced that the winners of the men’s and women’s Royal Rumble matches will be able to choose any champion from either brand so a Raw Superstar could, in theory, challenge for AJ Styles’ WWE Championship at WrestleMania.
This opens up the field for more possible winners and this decision seems to have been made in the last few days which could indicate that Vince McMahon has changed his mind on whoever he had planned to win one or both of tonight’s matches.
As noted earlier, there is one rumored surprise that seems unlikely to appear tonight. Click here to read more.
— WWE Universe (@WWEUniverse) January 28, 2018
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- WWE news on why The Undertaker seemed a bit off during his ‘Raw 25’ promo
- A ‘WWE Raw 25’ segment was originally supposed to take place at the Manhattan Center
- The real reason why WWE fired Enzo Amore
- Matt Hardy to undergo another transformation?
- WWE star injured with a torn ACL