Fans of WCW were probably happy to see WCW Thunder added to the WWE Network earlier this month. Well, if you were a fan of WCW during the early 90’s then there is even more good news to report.
WWE Network News is reporting that a large amount of WCW Saturday Night episodes will be added this coming Monday. The only thing known is that the episodes being added will begin in 1992 and the episodes will have their own section. As many of you know, WCW programming aired at 6:05 pm eastern on Superstation TBS since the 1970’s and the show was rebranded as “WCW Saturday Night” in April 1992 so I would presume that the episodes being added will start from that time period.
WCW Saturday Night was the A-show for the promotion until WCW Monday Nitro launched in late 1995. Most of the key angles would play out on that show, including the WCW debut of Hulk Hogan and “Macho Man” Randy Savage. Essentially, it was THE show to watch if you were a WCW fan.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- SPOILER: WWE has big plans for Samoa Joe
- WATCH: Alexa Bliss wants a match with a WWE Hall Of Famer
- Kevin Owens changes name on Twitter and loses verification
- Kenny Omega on WWE’s treatment of homosexual characters
- Reason why Daniel Bryan looked so good in the ring on SmackDown Live