NXT is WWE’s hot developmental brand. They’re like the “Little Engine That Could” in a sense because they thought they could, they thought they could, and they did. They did it in a big way for quite a while and were having some of the best matches in pro wrestling due to their loaded roster. But in the few years since NXT’s inception, most of their top stars have moved to the main roster leaving NXT without the same luster it used to possess.
NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn was a fantastic event loaded with incredible matches so tickets sold like hotcakes. The secondary market noticed this fact and bought up all they could when Brooklyn II took place but the same demand wasn’t there. In one short year interest had fallen that much.
Now NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III is upon us and The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports there are still a lot of tickets available and they’re cheap. To put it into perspective there are still tickets available for SummerSlam starting at over $500, but tickets for TakeOver are starting at $25. That might be cheaper than parking in NYC.
The scalpers and secondary market buyers didn’t sell all of their tickets to NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II, so they’re not buying as many tickets for the latest TakeOver offering at the Barclays Center.
It’s been a busy week full of news. If you’d like to catch up on some of the top stories from this week, check out some of the links below:
- SPOILER: Is Brock Lesnar really leaving WWE after SummerSlam?
- Matt Hardy says the “Awakening and Enlightenment has begun,” big things could be on the way
- Is Jon Jones looking for a big WWE payday with Brock Lesnar feud?
- (Updated) Championship contender for SummerSlam possibly injured on Raw
- Austin Aries’ hilarious reaction to Shinsuke Nakamura’s WWE Title shot at SummerSlam
- WATCH: Matt Hardy says “it’s happening” and makes huge Broken reference
- JBL confirmed story about Enzo Amore’s backstage heat on Bring It To The Table, says he won’t last long
- John Cena lands lead role in Transformers spin-off “Bumblebee” movie
- WATCH: Chris Jericho in heated F-Bomb altercation in New York City
- Bram lost his cool during an indie match and destroyed Ravie Davie’s face
- A stripper writes about her experience with a “high” and “stuck up” Enzo Amore
- Why was Edge & Christian’s WWE Network show canceled, more cuts on the way?