As noted earlier, Paul Heyman promised to deliver some “Breaking News” in regards to SummerSlam weekend. Heyman appeared on PIX 11 news to break the news on Wednesday night.
Heyman appeared towards the end of the broadcast during the sports segment. Here’s a bullet point recap:
- They teased the segment throughout the broadcast before the commercial breaks
- Scott Stanford plugged SummerSlam and then introduced Heyman.
- They cut to a pre-taped interview. Stanford said that he saw Heyman near the Gotham Comedy Club and asked if there’s a correlation with Jim Ross’ one man show.
- Heyman confirmed the news. He will be the special guest at Jim Ross’ one-man show on Friday, August 18. For more information on the show, click here.
- Stanford asked if Heyman and Brock Lesnar will really leave WWE if Lesnar does not leave with the Universal Championship at SummerSlam. Heyman said, “if Brock Lesnar leaves Brooklyn without the Universal Championship, he leaves WWE and I go along with him.”
- Stanford asked if Jon Jones is next for Lesnar. Heyman referred him to Lesnar’s Associated Press quote.
- That was the end of the segment.
There’s been a ton of breaking news in the last 24 hours. Catch up by clicking on some of the links below:
- John Cena comments on the scary bump he took on Smackdown Live
- Austin Aries’ hilarious reaction to Shinsuke Nakamura’s botched spot on SmackDown Live
- Is Enzo Amore on his way out of WWE?
- Karen Jarrett comments on the incident with Braun Strowman
- Daniel Bryan says “Smacking Talk” has already been shut down