It seems that Enzo Amore’s fate in WWE was already determined on Monday when the company announced his suspension. On Monday, WWE announced, “WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving sexual harassment or sexual assault. Until this matter is resolved, Eric Arndt (aka Enzo Amore) has been suspended.”
The following day, WWE fired him and released a short statement and didn’t even wish him well in his future endeavors like they usually do. The statement read, “WWE has come to terms on the release of Eric Arndt (Enzo Amore).”
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, citing one person close to the situation, said that WWE had already made the decision to fire him when they released the suspension statement.
As previously noted, the main reason why he was let go was that he admitted to WWE that he was aware that the Phoenix Police Department was investigating the rape claim against him. WWE only found out when media outlets (including myself) emailed them for a statement on what the alleged victim was claiming on Twitter.
Despite the fact that he was one of the least liked people backstage, he was pushed because management liked his charisma and he could keep himself over with promos. The belief is that they would not have featured him so prominently and they would not have built 205 Live around him if they were told about the police investigation back in October. They definitely would not have put the Cruiserweight Championship on him.
There are contradictory statements out there from Sam Cook, a former best friend of the alleged victim. Right now it’s all “wait and see” until the police report comes out and until the police decide whether or not to press charges. It remains to be seen if WWE would want to bring him back if charges are dropped because of how much heat he had backstage.
Click here for the latest updates on this story.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below: