It looks like WWE had to make a tough choice and one NXT star is now without a contract. It was rumored pretty heavily that Abbey Laith was released from her NXT contract during last night’s television tapings and it looks like this is the case.
Pro Wrestling Sheet reported that Laith had been released sometime today and Bryan Alvarez confirmed during Wrestling Observer Live that Laith has indeed been let go. No other information is available at this time, but she hasn’t been featured at all recently leading some to wonder how long in the making this decision could have been.
Abby’s disappearance was certainly noticed by Squared Circle Sirens founder Casey Micahel as he noted on the February 22nd that it had been around 40 days since Abbey wrestled a match.
Abbey Laith hasn’t wrestled in about 40 days
— casey michael (@ifyouseekcasey) February 22, 2018
Let’s hope Abbey Laith can get back to her roots now that NXT is apparently behind her. She has a lot of potential so it might only be a matter of time before we start seeing her name pop up all over the place in the indie wrestling scene.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- Cue the CM Punk rumors…City and venue announced for Bullet Club’s “All In” show
- Why Renee Young missed Raw this week
- Jonathan Coachman named in sexual harassment lawsuit
- WWE has plans for dual-branded Money In The Bank matches
- Current WWE Superstar responds to question about joining the Bullet Club