The Royal Rumble only has so many slots so there are going to naturally be some people getting left out of the big over the top rope match.
Zack Ryder has been with WWE for over a decade and has seen his share of highs and lows. One might consider sitting out of the Royal Rumble as a low point in his career. But if you ask Long Island Iced Z, he has a much different story to tell.
Ryder commented about how the last time he wasn’t included in the Royal Rumble he went on to capture the IC Title at WrestleMania 32. Of course, he lost the title on the next night to The Miz, but nobody can take away his WrestleMania moment.
Kudos to Zack Ryder as he continues to find the silver lining in what could be perceived as a negative situation.
I’ve sat & watched a #RoyalRumble from backstage before. The last time it happened I went on to win the IC Title 3 months later at WrestleMania. I don’t complain about it. I don’t quit. I just keep working harder. I overcome. That’s the story of my career…the story of my life.
— Zack Ryder (@ZackRyder) January 29, 2018
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Ronda Rousey and WWE went through a lot of trouble to keep her debut a secret
- SPOILER: WWE news on two more names expected to be inducted in the 2018 Hall Of Fame
- Hulk Hogan didn’t do himself any favors with Women’s Royal Rumble tweet
- Details on Rey Mysterio’s WWE return
- Why Jason Jordan didn’t wrestle much at the Royal Rumble