It was over in a blink of a second and Shinsuke Nakamura became the #1 contender for Jinder Mahal’s WWE Championship. All it took was one Kinshasa and John Cena was out. Even after Nakamura took two AA’s in a row from Big Match John the King Of Strong Style reversed a third Attitude Adjustment and pulled it off. It was a good contest but it seemed light for a dream match at that level. There’s a good chance it might have been dialed down a bit because John Cena didn’t want any extra risks due to the Bumblebee Movie.
Shinsuke Nakamura is now in line for a WWE Title shot and there are a lot of people who are extremely happy for him. Jinder Mahal might have his hands full even if NAKAMURA TOOK A BEATING AFTER THE TV SHOW WAS OVER The Artist doesn’t seem like he’s ready to back down from any fight. Needless to say, there is no shortage of people ready to jump on Nakamura.
Let’s just say Shinsuke wins the title at SummerSlam and everyone’s happy. Then all of a sudden in the middle of Nakamura’s celebration we hear familiar music hit opening with a motorcycle. Baron Corbin could come down and take the title off Nakamura thus starting his heel title run off with tremendous heat. But for all we know, Corbin intends on holding his briefcase for much longer and we’ll see another Singh Brothers/Great Khali match finish with Jinder retaining.
Cena took a pretty bad bump on the back of his head and neck on SmackDown and Nakamura even apologized to him after the match. But Austin Aries claims John got off easy. After all, as he pointed out in an interestingly toned tweet at least Shinsuke Nakamura didn’t “break your eye hole too.” Nakamura’s responsible for an injury that pretty much halted A Double’s WWE career. If not for that injury to stop Austin’s momentum in the ring who knows how different things would have turned out for him.
The message was accompanied by a gif of Aries’ match during the WrestleMania 33 kickoff show against Neville just so people don’t forget he worked a WrestleMania even if you wouldn’t know it by watching the DVD.
— Austin Healy Aries (@AustinAries) August 2, 2017
In the end, Austin Aries said he had respect for them but I guess it’s kind of hard to forget when a man leaves your face looking like this:
It’s been a busy week full of news. If you’d like to catch up on some of the top stories from this week, check out some of the links below:
- SPOILER: Is Brock Lesnar really leaving WWE after SummerSlam?
- (Updated) Championship contender for SummerSlam possibly injured on Raw
- WATCH: Matt Hardy says “it’s happening” and makes huge Broken reference
- JBL confirmed story about Enzo Amore’s backstage heat on Bring It To The Table, says he won’t last long
- John Cena lands lead role in Transformers spin-off “Bumblebee” movie
- WATCH: Chris Jericho in heated F-Bomb altercation in New York City
- Bram lost his cool during an indie match and destroyed Ravie Davie’s face
- A stripper writes about her experience with a “high” and “stuck up” Enzo Amore
- Why Edge & Christian’s WWE Network show was canceled, more cuts on the way?
- GFW hits a few snags trying to file trademarks on Broken Universe
- Is WWE planning on making some releases soon?
- Steve Austin’s beloved Hershey The Wonder Dog has passed away
- AJ Styles tells who’s idea it was for him to win the US Title at MSG House Show
- WWE could be sending main roster stars to NXT in next Superstar Shake-Up
- Latest updates in the on-going Hardy Boyz/Anthem Sports negotiations