Goldberg was announced earlier today as the headliner for the 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame ceremony. His induction will no doubt cap off a night full of big names if the reported list of inductees is any indication of things.
Chris Jericho has done a lot in his career and had some great rivalries onscreen and he reportedly had a real-life beef with Goldberg backstage.
Naturally, when the face of WCW was announced as the main event for the 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame, Jericho was asked what he thought about the situation. Y2J had a great response that sounded genuine enough.
I’m happy for him! He deserves it!! Great guy and great competitor. https://t.co/wprbIm88x1
— Chris Jericho (@IAmJericho) January 15, 2018
It’s nice to know that even though these two might not have seen eye-to-eye back in the day that it’s all water under the bridge at this point. After all, they’ve both done pretty well for themselves so there’s no need for animosity anymore.
Chris Jericho is going to continue his run with Fozzy and New Japan Pro Wrestling, but it wouldn’t be a total shock if he also stopped by the Manhattan Center or Barclays during the Raw 25th Anniversary show. He hasn’t been advertised for the show, but that’s never stopped The Ayatollah Of Rock n Rolla from stopping by in the past.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- SPOILER: Major match with a returning Superstar planned for WrestleMania
- Headliner for WWE Hall Of Fame reportedly confirmed and it’s a big one
- Former WWE Women’s/Divas Champion contacted about returning for the women’s Royal Rumble
- SPOILER: Another name returning for the Raw 25th anniversary show
- Former WWE Women’s Champion is returning for the Royal Rumble