John Cena took to Twitter to comment on the scary bump he took during his match with Shinsuke Nakamura on this week’s episode of Smackdown Live.
For those of you that missed it, Cena landed badly on the back of his head and neck after Nakamura executed an exploder suplex. If you want to see the spot from the match, click here.
Cena’s comment was in response to Kevin Owens’ joking that Cena was revealed to be an actual transformer. The joke there is that Cena had a rough landing but he is super tough. As of this writing, there is no word on the severity of the injury but I guess the fact that there is no news on his neck probably means that it’s not too serious.
Those freaking out over @JohnCena's rough landing must have missed the fact that he was revealed to be an actual transformer the day before.
— Kevin Owens (@FightOwensFight) August 2, 2017
— John Cena (@JohnCena) August 2, 2017
It’s been a busy week full of news. If you’d like to catch up on some of the top stories from this week, check out some of the links below:
- SPOILER: Is Brock Lesnar really leaving WWE after SummerSlam?
- Matt Hardy says the “Awakening and Enlightenment has begun,” big things could be on the way
- (Updated) Championship contender for SummerSlam possibly injured on Raw
- Austin Aries’ hilarious reaction to Shinsuke Nakamura’s WWE Title shot at SummerSlam
- Is Enzo Amore on his way out of WWE?