It looks like WWE has bigger plans for the 205 Live brand. As reported by PWInsider, there are plans to introduce a new championship after WrestleMania 34.
There will be a new Cruiserweight Champion crowned at WrestleMania but the company is taking it a step further with the brand because they are planning on introducing a Cruiserweight Tag Team Championship. It would be the first time that a Cruiserweight Tag Team title would be featured on national television since the dying months of WCW.
Several championship designs have been in the works but there’s no word on when the new title will debut except that it will be sometime after Mania. This all seems to be part of Triple H’s effort to continue building the brand. His goal is to get enough traction so that they can take the brand on the road full-time for non-televised events. In recent weeks, they’ve stripped the storylines and focused more on fast-paced in-ring action.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- Cue the CM Punk rumors…City and venue announced for Bullet Club’s “All In” show
- Why Renee Young missed Raw this week
- Jonathan Coachman named in sexual harassment lawsuit
- WWE has plans for dual-branded Money In The Bank matches
- Current WWE Superstar responds to question about joining the Bullet Club
Click here and join the discussion on our brand new forum!