WWE has released NXT wrestler HoHo Lun, according to a report from Raj Giri at WrestlingInc.com. Lun was signed after competing in the 2016 Cruiserweight Classic.
He was used sparingly during his time with the company. In October, he and tag team partner Tian Bing Lost to Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa in the opening round of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. In November, he was announced as being a part of the 205 Live roster but he had been working on the Florida NXT shows in recent months. Lun is the founder of Hong Kong Pro Wrestling Federation.
It’s been reported over the last couple of weeks that WWE is looking at budget cuts. We don’t know if this was WWE’s decision or if Lun asked for his release but I would not be surprised if WWE decided to cut more names from the roster.
There’s been a ton of trending WWE News in the last 24 hours. Catch up by checking out some of the links below:
- WWE Officials reportedly pitching ideas for Enzo Amore to be moved off Raw
- Did AJ Styles botch the US Title match finish at Battleground after all?
- What is WWE planning for Jinder Mahal vs Shinsuke Nakamura at SummerSlam?
- Bully Ray explains why John Cena put over Shinsuke Nakamura clean on Smackdown Live
- John Cena comments on the scary bump he took on Smackdown Live