The last thing we wanted to hear about Rey Mysterio is that he’s injured, especially since talks with WWE are getting more serious.
But Mr. 6-1-9 did go down during a recent match at a Connecticut indie wrestling show and the initial reports were that his biceps might be torn on his left arm and it certainly looked bruised enough to be injured.
But PW Insider reports good news because those who have spoken to Mysterio were led to believe that Rey Rey only suffered a partially torn bicep muscle while working at the Northeast Wrestling show last weekend.
Mysterio was examined by a doctor this week, but the actual diagnosis wasn’t released at the time of this writing.
It was also reported this injury is not hindering any progress of discussions with WWE either which is a very good sign as well. The two sides are scheduled to sit down and try to negotiate a new deal.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- Cue the CM Punk rumors…City and venue announced for Bullet Club’s “All In” show
- Why Renee Young missed Raw this week
- Jonathan Coachman named in sexual harassment lawsuit
- WWE has plans for dual-branded Money In The Bank matches
- Current WWE Superstar responds to question about joining the Bullet Club